What is Live Green?
Live Green! is Iowa State University's campus-wide sustainability initiative encouraging all students, faculty, and staff to be fully committed to and engaged in making our campus, its operations, and initiatives as "green" as possible.
The Live Green! initiative began in 2008, and offered two challenges to all students, faculty, and staff:
- To be a leader in sustainability among land grant institutions.
- To recognize that the involvement and dedication of every member of the Iowa State University community is critical to achieving this goal.
Four Foundation Pillars
To ensure that students, faculty, and staff have access to tools and resources necessary to achieve these goals, four foundation pillars were put into place:
- President's Advisory Committee on Energy Conservation and Global Climate Change
- Live Green! Revolving Loan Fund
- Director of Sustainability
- Annual Symposium on Sustainability
The Live Green! initiative is supported by an extensive and committed infrastructure of university committees, teams, and organizations.
- President's Advisory Committee on Energy Conservation and Global Climate Change -
Advises the president on policies and activities that will reduce energy use and raise environmental awareness.
- Campus Sustainability Working Group -
Builds upon the guidance of the advisory committee toward engagement of the campus community.
- Live Green! Revolving Loan Fund Advisory Committee -
Reviews loan fund applications, monitors use of loan funds, and publicizes project results.
- Sustainability Reporting Group -
Monitors, assesses, and responds to informational requests from external reporting organizations.
- Campus Green Teams -
Enhances sustainability efforts, education, and engagement within a specified building, college, department, or operational area.
- Council on Sustainability -
Fosters sustainability awareness, education, and involvement opportunities campus-wide.
- Student Sustainability Engagement Working Group -
Researches, develops, and facilitates the implementation of student sustainability engagement opportunities.