Campus & Community Engagement Internship
In conjunction with Iowa State University’s Live Green! Initiative, the Director of Sustainability is hiring two intern positions focused on increasing campus and community opportunities and involvement in sustainability and living green. Interns work as a team in completing the position responsibilities listed below.
This is a paid internship at $10.00/hour. These positions report directly to the Director of Sustainability. The internship requires a commitment of 15-20 hours/week. Internship length is ~30 weeks, starting August/September, ending in May (specific dates negotiable).
- Complete event publicity, planning, and implementation for campus sustainability and Live Green! events including Sustainapalooza, National Campus Sustainability Day and Earth Day;
- Oversee social marketing through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress, etc.;
- Serve as the Live Green! representative at meetings and on organizations including The Green Umbrella;
- Meet with various student, campus, and community organizations to increase awareness and identify involvement opportunities related to sustainability and living green; and
- Collaborate on marketing and educational materials design, development, and dissemination (press releases, flyers, brochures, etc. - in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Interns).
- Must be a currently registered ISU undergraduate student.
- Must have experience working with volunteers.
- Must have experience with event planning and management, preferably including Iowa State University affiliated events.
- Must be a team player and be flexible in terms of offering assistance to other projects and interns when necessary.
- Experience tabling and/or staffing displays and booths is recommended.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and three references to:
Gina Holtzbauer: email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 12, 2019, 5 p.m.
Direct questions to: Merry Rankin, Director of Sustainability, 515-294-5052, firstname.lastname@example.org