Marketing & Communications Internship
In conjunction with Iowa State University’s Live Green! Initiative, the Director of Sustainability is seeking two interns interested in the opportunity to market and build awareness related to sustainability and living green. Interns work as a team in completing the position responsibilities listed below.
This is a paid internship at $10.00/hour. This position reports directly to the Director of Sustainability. The intern will serve as one of two interns making up the Marketing and Communications Team. The internship requires a commitment of 15-20 hours/week. Internship length is ~30 weeks, starting August/September, ending May (specific dates negotiable).
- Completion of a monthly newsletter (http://www.livegreen.iastate.edu/news-and-events/newsletters) – including writing, design and layout;
- Assist with marketing and educational materials design, development, and dissemination (including brochures, event giveaways, progress reports, etc.);
- Provide content for social marketing through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress, etc.; and
- Collaboration with event publicity (in coordination with the Campus and Community Engagement Team).
- Must be a currently registered ISU undergraduate student.
- Must be proficient with InDesign and have experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must have strong writing and editing skills.
- Must be a team player and be flexible in terms of offering assistance to other projects and interns when necessary.
- Knowledge of AP style preferred, but not required.
- Photography experience is beneficial.
- An interest in service journalism is recommended.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, one design sample and three references to:
Gina Holtzbauer: email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: April 12, 2019, 5 p.m.
Direct questions to: Merry Rankin, Director of Sustainability, 515-294-5052, firstname.lastname@example.org