Sustainability Coordinator Graduate Assistantship
In conjunction with Iowa State University’s Live Green! Initiative, the Director of Sustainability is seeking a graduate student interested in the opportunity to assist in the coordination of sustainability projects and initiatives at Iowa State University.
Specifically, this position will act as an assistant to the Director of Sustainability, and be given various responsibilities as related to the implementation and completion of various sustainability activities, events, projects and initiatives with which the Director is currently involved.
This position pays a monthly stipend of $2,000 in addition to tuition scholarship. The Sustainability Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Sustainability. Preferred time commitment for this position is 20 hours/week, but can be negotiated. Preferred length of assistantship is ~10 months, August through May, (specific dates and length negotiable). Opportunity for multiple-year position.
- Project and initiative research and management
- Event planning and management
- Development and oversight of development of marketing and communication materials
- Representing Live Green! at meetings and events
- Responding to requests for information and resources
- Mentoring interns
- Must be enrolled as a graduate student at Iowa State University
- Must have experience that demonstrates an understanding and expertise with design programs, techniques and products (including, at a minimum, all products within Adobe Creative Suite)
- Must have experience with coordinating large and small scale events
- Must have experience providing oversight, guidance and support to college and university students
- Experience working with sustainability education and engagement in a college or university setting is preferred
- Experience with event tabling and representing organizations at a variety of events and dialogues is preferred.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and three references to: Gina Holtzbauer, email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 12, 2019, 5 p.m.
Direct questions to: Merry Rankin, Director of Sustainability, 515-294-5052, firstname.lastname@example.org