National Sustainability Awards and Honors
- Ranked #18 in Top 100 Safest College Campuses in USA
- Received STARS Gold Certification, Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Listed in Travel and Leisure’s Most Beautiful Schools in Every State
- Achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification for Sukup Hall
- Achieved LEED Gold Certification for Elings Hall
- Achieved LEED Gold Certification for Geoffroy Hall, ISU's first LEED-certified residence hall
- Achieved LEED Gold Certification for Marston Hall
- Recognized as "Top 50 Green Fleet Award" winner
- Listed in Tree Campus USA
- Listed in "Top 50 Green Fleet Award" winner
- Ranked #19 "25 Most Energy Efficient Colleges"
- Achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver Certification for Lagomarcino Hall
- Achieved "Bronze Recognition for Bicycle-Friendly City," League of American Bicyclists
Check out our Accomplishment Archives to view recognitions and awards from previous years!
Live Green! Excellence Awards
While Iowa State University received multiple sustainability-related accolades, awards and recognitions each year, the Live Green! Initiative also recognizes the dedicated and passionate students, faculty and staff that make for a sustainable Cyclone Nation.
Founded in 2010, the Live Green! Excellence Awards recognize Iowa State University students, faculty and staff who are making an impact on campus sustainability efforts by generating awareness and interest through initiatives that focus on teaching, research, outreach, and/or operations. Nominations are evaluated within six areas: cultural impact, impact on natural resources, economic impact, transferability, legacy to the Live Green! Initiative and its sustainability mission, and overall award merit. Awards are presented annually during the Symposium on Sustainability and reflect contributions and accomplishments from the previous calendar year.